Friday, May 28, 2010

Cyclo Mania :)

I had a great adventurous experience of bicycling from mysore to srirangapatna and back, on a chilly night and on a highway bustling with heavy traffic,with two of my friends(Ratnakar Kulkarni and Nadig Vishwas H S),a first of its kind for me.After this stint I was in awe of cycling.

Cycling was something which I had a longing for ever since I moved to Bangalore, basically to commute to the office.The unpleasant traffic of bangalore added to my interest.Instead of spending hours at various traffic junctions spread across the city a cycle would be the best alternative and viable option to counter them.Not that being a cyclist you can jump the signals,
although a cyclist is not entitled to obey the traffic rules but still a cyclist has to keep in mind not to create nuisance to other vehicles plying on the road,he can maneuver himself in the narrow roads or in the sidewalks too.

Not only does it help to reach your destination quickly it also serves a dual purpose of keeping you healthy,fit and refreshing and saves you the time of working out in the gym after your day at the office.So with due deliberations with myself for over a year or so, whether buying a bicycle would be feasible given the woeful traffic condition in bangalore which I was told is not at all
bicycle friendly, I decided to own one.I needed a geared bicycle to help me travel longer and I bought the same.

Bicycling in bengaluru has been quite a decent experience so far ,although I take my bicycle only to ply to office.Other than the dust, which comes out from the construction sites beside the road and on the road as well in the form of fly over,road widening ,cycling on bangalore roads is quite manageable.Even the summer's scorching sun cannot faze me from cycling.

My paramount desire is to repeat the old feat of long-distance cycling,but this time around to commute from Bangalore to Mysore and back a la Tour de France.

Happy Cycling :)

No comments: